So we are launching Isolation Diary and we would love for you to get involved! We would like you to send us a voice recording of up to 7 minutes where you reflect on your personal experience of isolation, which we will then play to our listeners during the day.
Maybe your stories will inspire other listeners to try something new, or perhaps they will soothe some of the tensions that these uncertain times bring. Or maybe your story will bring a smile to the face of a stranger.
Email your audio diaries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may want to consider some of these questions to structure your recording:
- What’s your living situation – do you live alone, with family, in a shared house?
- How does it feel to be living in this isolated world?
- What are you doing during your days?
- Are you enjoying anything about lockdown?
- Who’s helping you get through this? Feel free to give them a special mention!
- How do you feel Cambridge is coping with isolation? What have you noticed about Cambridge in lockdown?
- How has your community come together to help and support?
- What’s the first thing you want to do once this is all over?
You will need to start your recording by introducing yourself by saying:
“Hello, my name is X and I am (job title) and I live in (area of Cambridge)
We realise you probably won’t have access to a professional microphone, but in most cases the microphone on your smart phone will provide a good recording. Just navigate to the Voice Record app and send us the finished recording.
Think about where you choose to make the recording, a small room is good, preferably with some soft furnishings to dampen any echo.
We’re hoping to receive recordings as soon as possible so that we can begin to broadcast them on the radio and in a dedicated podcast.
We look forward to hearing what you have to share with us.
Lucy & Julian