We are Cambridge 105 FM Radio Ltd, though you probably call us Cambridge 105 Radio. We’re the commercially-funded community broadcaster for the city and South Cambridgeshire.
This Privacy Statement will tell you how we collect and use information about you when you interact with the radio station and this website.
This could be when you get in touch with the station through phone, email or the website.
We use RadioPlayer to deliver Cambridge 105 Radio online through our website and RadioPlayer’s associated apps. RadioPlayer has its own Privacy Statement which you can find here: www.radioplayer.co.uk/privacy
Any personal information that you provide to us may be used in the ways described in this Privacy Statement.
When you click on adverts or links which take you away from the Cambridge 105 Radio website, you should know that we have no control over the content or privacy practices of those other platforms. Please check their privacy policies before providing your information to them.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or how we use your personal information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What information do we collect directly from you?
The information we collect will vary depending on how you interact and engage with us but it will usually include your name, phone number and email address, along with any competition answers and any comments you have decided to provide.
If you call or email us, we may also collect your location and a brief summary of your contribution or opinion.
If you text or call us on a regular basis we’ll display your name to our presenters while hiding your phone number. Otherwise we’ll hide all but the last three digits from view.
The information is only kept for as long as necessary before being deleted.
We’ll do the same with any email you send us, including for our what’s on listings.
We may hold name, email, address, phone number, bank details (dependent on how they pay/receive payment) for an individual / company.
2. What do we use your information for?
We use your personal information:
- To enable you to enter competitions;
- To send you information about Cambridge 105 Radio if you’ve requested it.
- To comply with our regulatory obligations
Like all broadcasters Cambridge 105 Radio has regulatory obligations to ensure our broadcasts are free from offensive or provocative remarks and that our volunteers and presenters are not subject to verbal abuse. If you call one of our stations and make rude or offensive remarks, we will keep a record and block further calls from you.
Cookies are small pieces of information that a website sends to your device while you are browsing.
- understand how many users we have and how frequently users visit our websites;
- remember your site preferences and location so that you don’t have to resubmit the same information every time you visit our websites;
- increase our website speed;
- show you adverts that we think you may be interested in;
- store details of your preferred media player (using flash cookies) – some content may not work if these are disabled.
4. Social Media
Please be aware that if you log in via Facebook or Twitter you will be giving Facebook and Twitter permission to share some of your details with us depending on your privacy settings on their site. For example, if your Facebook privacy settings are set to allow it, they will provide us with your public profile which includes your name, profile picture, emails address, age range, gender, language spoken and gender.
5. Personal Information relating to children
We do not knowingly use the personal information of children under 13 years of age either directly or indirectly.
6. Who do we share your information with?
- We only share your data to deliver the service you have requested. We don’t pass on any information that might be used to deliver promotions on behalf of third parties.
- If you enter a competition, we may, if you have agreed, disclose your information to the competition sponsors. If you are a prize winner, we will give your information to the sponsors and share your information with the parties who assist us in providing prizes to the winners.
7. How long do we keep your information for?
We will only keep your information for as long as we need to – for example, we will keep your information for between three months if you enter a competition to 13 months if you call into one our radio shows.
8. Do we send your information outside the UK or European Union?
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries other than the UK or the European Union. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you originally provided the information. If we do need to transfer your personal information in this way we take steps to ensure that it is adequately protected for the purposes of UK and European data protection laws. These steps will include undertaking due diligence on the recipients and putting in place contractual obligations on them to take care of your data.
We may also use partners or recipients who are signatories to the EU-US Privacy Shield which also provides adequate protections for the purposes of European privacy laws.
9. Your rights in relation to how we use your personal information.
Data Protection laws give you certain rights in respect of your personal information, as set out below: please note these rights do not apply in all cases and may only be exercised where Cambridge 105 Radio is the data controller for your information.
- The right to be informed of how your data will be used – this Statement provides that information;
- The right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete – you can also manage some of this yourself if you have registered with us via one or more of our websites;
- The right to access the personal data held about you – usually referred to as a data subject access request. If you wish to submit a request, please contact email@example.com.
- Please note you will be asked to supply us with proof of identity before we will be able to provide you with a response;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data – this will include the right to object to direct marketing – you will always be given the opportunity to opt-out of further direct marketing when you receive such communications from us or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The right to move, copy or transfer certain personal information – please note this right only applies if you have given us your consent to use your data and may not apply to all the information we hold about you;
- The right to restrict the use of your information in certain circumstances; and
- The right to make a complaint. if you have any concerns about how we are using your personal information you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office who is empowered to investigate our data protection practices. You can find out more at www.ico.org.uk. However, if you do have any concerns we would like you give us the opportunity to know about them so we would encourage you to contact us first so we can try and to help you: email@example.com
10. For our Members
We will hold only the information we receive from you that is relevant to your membership of Cambridge 105 Radio. This might include your email address and other contact details, and information about the type of activities around the station you tell us you want to be involved in.
We use the personal data you provide as a member to help you get the most from being a member. This includes; information about the day to day running of Cambridge 105 Radio, details of changes to the schedule and telling you about our Annual General Meeting.