Flavour is a fortnightly show dedicated to food and drink produced and enjoyed in and around Cambridge. We tell you about what is available locally, in specialist food stores, cafes, restaurants and wine merchants. We interview local brewers, growers, bee keepers, bakers and market stall holders. We find out about good cook books, and discuss health and nutrition myths with experts. There is a regular what’s on guide and a review of the food items in the Saturday quality press as well as some food-related music.
In today’s episode we cover Cambridge Carbon Footprint’s local food challenge, Cambridge food blogger Jo Kruczynska, The Cheese & Pie Man, and ‘Clueless in the Kitchen’ concocts a cherry & almond pie!
Flavour is presented by Matt Bentman and Alan Alder
If you’d like to e-mail us your news, questions or comments then feel free to send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct links to previous episodes, or jump to latest episode.
– 31st March 2012: A chat with Chris Myers of ‘Cam Cattle’, Simon Steele of ‘Wild Country Organics’, and ‘Clueless in the Kitchen’ crafts a beef & onion pie with cheese pastry, followed by a honey & gingerbread pudding.
– 17th March 2012: We visit Sticky Beaks cafe, attend a pie & mash evening at Urban Larder, chat with Colin Joyce the market co-ordinator from Cambridge City Council, and ‘Clueless in the Kitchen’ celebrates St. David’s day a month late by making a leek pie followed by a honey & gingerbread pudding.
– 3rd March 2012: Interviews with Noel Young Wines, cafe Nord, Italian restaurant La Margherita, a feature on the Wild Country Organics stall at the Sunday Market and news from ‘Fairtrade Fortnight’.
– 18th February 2012: We interview Simon Steele from the Sunday Market Vegetable stall, Balzano’s the Italian delicatessen, Richard Naisby co-founder of The Milton Brewery and Amanda Taylor of the Cambridge City Council and 105′s own Tom Taylor from the ‘Stagger’ & ‘From the Terraces’ programmes.
– 4th February 2012: Featuring interviews with Rosie Hogg of ‘Books for Cooks’, Joeseph Kennedy of The Blackbar Brewery, The Gog Magog Hills Farmshop and attend the annual ‘Seedy Sunday’ event in Trumpington.
– 21st January 2012: With Alison Benjamin on her book ‘A World without Bees’, Caroline Child co-owner of Norfolk Street Delicatessen, Polly Plouviez of Urban Larder and Roger Frost advises on breadmakers.
– 7th January 2012: A retrospective of clips from 2011.